Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Patch Perseverance

I skated the Chandler Ice CafĂ© for patch practice today. Just 45 minutes.  Relatively crowded session (9 skaters and 1 coach).

I warmed up with edges, then spent about 20 minutes on FI8. In general pretty good but I do need to watch that RFI, need to hold that shoulder back consistently.

I then spent about 20 minutes on waltz-8.  I ran through it twice and actually, both times it was -- almost okay!  A very pleasant surprise.  I did put my foot down a couple of times (urph!) but really, much better.  From there I went to just work on the L side and my return to center was horrible. Ugh.

Competition is less than 3 weeks away! I've been told I will have competition on both the FI8 and waltz-8, so yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home