Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, August 25, 2017

XOs, Toe Loop, Salchow

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with perimeter XOs and stroking.

Today's lesson:

  • XOs -- I told Holly I really wanted to work on my forward crossovers, especially, as they still seem pretty clunky to me and I'm slow.  So we worked both sides on the circle.  Actually my CW FXOs are better in some ways than my CCW ones. Weird.  Some definite improvement, but I feel like I probably really need to work these a lot to maintain that.  After we worked them on the circle we did the Move several times.  A bit better, but I still feel not happy with the CW FXO when I do it in the Move context -- I don't feel I really get on a good edge.  Now that I think about it I am probably trying to do it too straight.
  • toe loop -- just a few of these.  I did one that was almost okay, and several that were better.  I need to not pick quite so far back, and slow things down so that my legs come together and I bring it around.
  • Salchow -- just a couple at the end.  Not too bad.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home