Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  Glad to be back at this time slot with nice ice :-)

I had a very short warmup and didn't get to scribe circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FI8 -- since I hadn't scribed circles, Lynne had me skate an FI8.  It was pretty good (esp. with no warmup!).
  • serpentines -- we decided not to dive back into the waltz-8 today, so we worked on these instead.  It has been quite a while.  We worked both the FOI and FIO changes of edge.  FIO was kind of rough and took me a while to get it over.  FOI is better, though it took some time for me to get it that way -- working mostly not to anticipate the change of edge, and have a good solid edge going in and a quick/definite change of edge.  More work needed!
After my lesson I spent some time on BO8 and BI8.  Fun!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home