Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 07, 2017

FO8, Waltz-8, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  Beyootiful ice and only 5 skaters.  I scribed circles, then warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- just one layout of these, off the circles.  For no warmup, really pretty good. I was having some issues holding the shoulder back on the LFO.  
  • waltz-8 -- most of our time on these.  Usual sorts of issues plus I was going crazy fast (or so it felt) since the ice was so fresh.  Reminded me of Sherwood's ice actually.  I did make some progress. Weakest area is definitely return to center, plus I do need to watch the exit from the 3 so that I hold it out as I should.  
  • BO8 -- just a couple minutes on these.  Reasonably good flow but I need to watch my free leg position so I don't curve in on the RBO.
After my lesson I worked a little on 3s and also some time on BI8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home