Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Pursuing The Dreaded Bunny Hop

I skated the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler today to work on choreography for my dramatic program with Tammy.

For my warmup I ran through all of Bronze Moves!  Ugh. I was tired after.  Circle-8 is still an issue, the others still need work but are improving.  After the moves I had a couple of minutes so I worked on waltz jump.

For our choreography we reviewed the opening, then ran the program without music.  Urp.  Then we spent time working on the dreaded bunny hop-lunge-toe loop sequence.  Ugh.  I really hate bunny hops! We worked them on the wall and then I did manage to do a few off the wall, but they were very small. I need to work them some more in my practice.

After that we walked through the mohawk sequence.. I am too slow and I spend too much time thinking!  Grrr.   Then some discussion of placement of the mohawk->BXOs into the waltz jump so that I'm not too close to the curtain.  We followed that with a review of the end of the program.

After all that we ran the program with music (cue the scene from Young Frankenstein "Give my creature... LIIIIIIFE!" lol ).  Very rough (I didn't do the bunny hop) and I finished very late  -- although there was some weird glitch with Rink Music where it repeated the last 10-15s for some reason. I thought Tammy had hit the back arrow on the RM unit but she hadn't.  Since I needed more time I didn't really complain :-).

After that we reviewed the very ending pose as I didn't remember it.... and we were out of time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home