Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 22, 2017

Circle-8, Spins, Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert, as usual.

I warmed up with perimeter XOs and stroking.

Today's lesson:
  • circle-8 -- it's pretty ironic but I am actually very concerned about this move as I just have issues with it.  We spent some time on it but without much success.  The push is weak and I'm still leaning out of the circle.  Yuck.
  • spins -- quite a bit of time on these.  Still having issues getting over the L side and bringing in the free foot and arms, but I am at least doing a better job of not looking down. Ugh.
  • jumps -- just a quick waltz jump, a couple of salchows, and a toe loop at the end.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home