Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

FO8, Waltz-8, BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Café as usual. Nice ice, just 4 skaters and 2 coaches.

I warmed up with forward edges and an FO8, and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- just 5 minutes on this -- we did a layout in a random spot.  Really, pretty nice overall. The first RFO circle still tends to be a little large, at least for the first half. I need to fix that.
  • waltz-8 - about 20 minutes on these.  We really worked on holding the exit of the 3 (and fixed a nagging problem where I was putting my foot down on the exit from the LFO3).  Then more work on the step forward.  I think a little progress here, esp. on bending the knee on the FO edge for return to center.  I'm still stepping out to much on that but it was a bit better.
  • BO8 -- just a few minutes on this.  I'm not getting all the way around on the RBO, I'm curving in to the center of the circle at about the 3/4 mark. Grrr.   We worked on improving the upper body position and holding the free foot in front longer, all things I know I am supposed to do :-).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home