Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Still Workin' Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Café.

I warmed up with edges and FO8 and scribed circles.  I had not skated patch for 3 weeks! Ugh.

Today's lesson:

  • FI8 -- more or less okay but my RFI circles were small (all of them) so I did some more to get the correct feel.
  • waltz-8 -- meh.  Ran through them for a bit, then focused in specifically trying to fix the step forward from the LBO.  UGH.  I need to really focus on leaning back into the circle (scary) and really bring my R arm (and head!) around, while keeping the L arm/shoulder back. We did make some progress, actually.
  • 3s to center -- just 5 minutes on these.  RFO3 is not bad but the LFO3 really stinks.  How weird.  I keep forcing it and it's just bad all around.  Yuck.
After my lesson I worked some more on the step forward, but it was worse then when I was in my lesson (literally, 5 minutes earlier). Grrr.  I need more practice time.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home