Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Choreo Polishing

I skated the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler for choreography with Tammy.  Only 4 of us on this session and 3 coaches. 

I warmed up with Bronze Moves, which went better than I expected.  Still having issues with circle-8, and I don't think 5-step or power-3s are passing level, but it's coming along.  After that I had about 10 minutes so I warmed up some elements from my program.

We started by working through some of the chunks of the program -- first, the bunnyhop, then the mohawk sequence.  Then we ran the program with music -- I finished considerably late, in part because I came out of the first spin forward and had to change to backward and that took me too far down rink.  Ugh.

We worked to take some of my "thinking" time out before and during the mohawk sequence.  I just need to DO it... bam! bam! bam! no thinking! Also, working to "s" the flow after the side toe hop into the waltz jump so that it's more curvy and I will not go to close to the curtain on the waltz jump.

We added some arm movements and changed some others:

  • changed the opening arms to have my hands behind my back at the beginning
  • after the very first crossover, added an arm movement similar to the later one after the chainĂ© turns.
  • added/changed an arm movement in the lunge -- now it's arms extended in front and then lifting up during the lunge.
We finished with another run through.  Still finished a little late, but closer. I need to skate a little faster!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home