Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Program Polish

My choreo session with Tammy on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Decent ice, 4 skaters and 3 coaches.

I warmed up with Bronze Moves (yes, I made myself do all of them, even the power-3s).  Really, the only weaknesses now IMHO are the circle-8 (still can't get over how bad these are when I can do them so easily in my patch blades) and the power-3s.  Everything else is... okay.  Not sure about "passable" but okay.  After that I warmed up some elements of the program (mostly bunny hop).

We started our session by running the program with music. Still finishing a little late.  Then we spent some time working on the mohawk sequence -- Tammy added arms on the BXOs before the side toe hop.  From there we ran just that part with music and it was better.  Then we worked on the bunny hop->lunge->toe loop section, mostly to get the transition into the toe loop better (but, it made me do more bunny hops so that's probably just as well, actually). Then we ran it again with music.

So, the good news is I am definitely skating faster, which makes me happy.  I'm still getting behind early in the program -- I think it's in the mohawk sequence. 

Only 1.5 weeks left before Autumn Antics... eeep!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home