Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, November 03, 2017

Final Program Prep

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert, as usual.  I warmed up with some Bronze Moves (perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges and 5-step mohawk), then warmed up the bunny hop and mohawk sequence from the program.

Today's lesson:

  • program runthrough -- we started with this.  Not so great, I got behind early for some reason and I totally had a moment with the bunny hop and just skipped it.  Finished several seconds late.  Ugh.
  • chainĂ© turns -- we worked on the timing of these a bit as I feel like I'm getting slightly behind on them.  We ran through the opening of the program twice with music and managed to get it better - less thinking, more skating.
  • toe loop -- we worked a bit on the toe loop.  I had a little success in getting it to slow down a bit and then to actually land on one foot. Let's hope that sticks.
  • runthrough -- we ran it again with music and it was better, for the most part.  Just like on Wednesday, though, I had an oopsie moment on the lunge where my free leg didn't stay back.  This time it slowed me to a crawl so I had to get up and push a bit to get into the toe loop, which was then horrible.  Still, after all that I managed to finish right on time.  Yay!! 
I compete Sunday around 1:43 p.m.  Eeep!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home