Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Program Polishing

I had my lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert this a.m.  This lesson was rescheduled from Friday due to conflicts.

I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs and power-3s and then prepped some stuff from my program (a.ka. the dreaded bunny hop).

Today's lesson:

  • runthrough -- we started by running the program with music.  It went pretty well for the most part. I had some weird thing happen on the first mohawk in the sequence and it freaked me out.  Also,  I did not do the bunnyhop as someone was in my way and it distracted me from the setup.  Everything else was okay and I finished just barely late.
  • toe loop -- we went on to work on the toe loop.  We got a couple that were at least landed on one foot but they are still cheated.  Ugh.
  • runthrough -- one more time with music.  This was not bad except that I had something weird happen on the first spin and it was pretty bad.  Other than that not bad and almost finished on time.
  • spins -- just a couple minutes on these at the end.  Holly reminded me to keep my head up and bring the arms in and lift up/shoulders back.
Competition is Sunday. I have one more choreo session tomorrow and a lesson on Friday and that is it. Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home