Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, November 02, 2017

Still Workin' It

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe as usual.  I warmed up with edges and scribed my circles as usual. Good ice and only 3 skaters and 1 coach.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- since I'd not warmed up, we went ahead and laid out FO8 (and FI8) in random places on the ice.  FO8 was okay, for not being warmed up.  A bit of trouble on the 2nd LFO as I didn't hold my free shoulder back.  Circle size was okay, tracing not bad and I made the first RFO an okay size for once, yay!
  • FI8 -- a random layout.  This was actually pretty good.  Good tracing, and circle size, while still smaller than FO, was more comparable than it's been.
  • waltz-8 -- almost 20 minutes on these.  It was all over the place, but did improve.  I find that it's really hard for me to retain my progress though.  I really need to find more patch time.  The step forward is still the biggest hurdle.  I did find that counting to 8 on the BO edge helps me a lot -- I really need to remember to do this every time!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home