Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Final Choreo

I skated the 7:30 a.m. FS at Chandler this morning for final choreo (final Jeopardy?! :p ) with Tammy.  I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges and 5-step mohawk; then I warmed up my toe loop and bunny hop.  I wore my costume today... boy was I cold!! Urph.

We started by running the program with music.  I did something weird on the bunny hop, then the lunge went awry on me and I wound up bringing the free leg in but it was still okay -- apparently I skipped the side toe hop though.  We worked through some of the program chunks and Tammy made a small change to the arms as I pass the judges -- left hand up higher.  We also worked on coming out from the curtains, and the bow.  I need to remember to hold the closing pose just a smidge longer so it doesn't look abrupt when I move.  We also went over what I want to warm up when I'm behind the curtain -- mohawk sequence, then bunny hop, then lunge->toe loop, then waltz jump.

After that we ran the program with music again and it went pretty well all in all.  By that I mean that the spins were no worse than usual and I didn't fall, and I did all my elements :p . I finished about a second late.

In the last couple of minutes we did some more toe loops and I actually got a couple that were okay. Yay me!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home