Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Private Patch Ice

I skated the 8:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.   The website claimed I was the only one signed up, so I brought both pairs of skates; and when Squid got off the ice at the end of the 7:30 session, I had it all to myself so I worked on figures.  Yay!

Well, yay for time to work on figures. The ice was pretty horrid though, which is what you would expect after almost 3 hours of FS beforehand.   I spent over 20 minutes on FO8 and FI8 and had real issues with flow, I could not get all the way around most of the time.  Horrid ice or no, I should be able to do that.  Yuck.

After that I spent about 15 minutes on waltz-8.  It was not as bad as I was expecting; actually the step-forward was not that bad. I was kinda cutting into the circle too much on the BO edge though.

I spent the last few minutes on BO8, BI8 and a couple of 3s to center.  Pushes on the back circles were not so great though I had reasonable control on them other than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home