Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Grinding Away

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ© as usual.  I scribed circles and warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- a layout in a random spot.   The first set had some issues (hey, no warmup).  A second set was better but still some issues with return to center (was diagonal).  A 3rd set was better and we moved on.
  • FI8 -- Urph.  Usually my best figure but the first set not so great (again a layout in a random spot).  Second set was better.
  • waltz-8 -- we moved to my scribed circles for these.  These were really inconsistent, unfortunately.  Still cutting into the circle pretty badly, and the step forward on the R side not so good. Left is better.  
After my lesson I worked some more on waltz-8 and then a couple of BO8s.  Not getting around the circle, I'm cutting in too much.

Looking back I feel like I am regressing on some of this stuff, which is discouraging.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home