Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 07, 2017

Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS this morning. I had my newly-sharpened blades today -- they were fine.  Unfortunately for me this session was co-opted to host a TV crew doing a promo for the upcoming holiday show, which meant lots of TV cameras and extra people and props on the ice. In other words it was not very productive.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz jump -- just a couple.  The first I broke at the waist a little bit so we did another one.
  • salchow -- ugh.  I'm just not doing a good job of holding the check after the turn.  Bleah.
  • toe loop -- also ugh.  I did one almost okay one at the end.
It was a very frustrating session.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home