Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, December 22, 2017

Jumps & Choreo

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with Bronze Moves.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz jump -- working on getting a bit more spring and better form.
  • salchow -- I did a nice one then a bunch of bad ones while I overthought everything, then finally managed to settle down and do a nice one.
  • toe loop -- we actually made some sort of progress on this though I think I'm still cheating it.
  • program choreography -- more work on this.  Here's what we have now:
    • opening pose - hands in front of face, L hand on top, open fingers
    • LBI pivot
    • swizzle forward w/hands
    • swizzle back into a back two-foot twizzly-thing
    • 5 CW BXOs in a nautilus shape
    • toe loop (changed from a waltz jump
    • hockey glide w/arms/turn
    • back hockey glide w/arms
    • turn forward arms overhead
    • turn back w/arms
    • spin
Altogether we made some good progress. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home