Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Same Ol' Same Ol'

I skated the Chandler Ice Café as usual for my figures lesson with Lynne. Relatively crowded today, about 8 skaters.

I was running late so just had time to scribe circles before we started.

Today's lesson:

  • Edges -- pretty good.  Back edges were especially nice.
  • FO8 -- several layouts.  We worked a bit to get the first RFO to be a better size.  Lynne mentioned in passing that my subsequent restarts tend to be a little diagonal crossing the short axis, so that's something to be aware of.
  • FI8 -- pretty good.
  • waltz-8 -- working to consolidate the progress we made last week on getting my turns better.  Slow going.
After my lesson I worked some more on waltz-8 and a little bit on 3s to center.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home