Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Patch With The Elites!

I skated the Gilbert adult skate today for my figures lesson with Lynne.  As I was signing in who do I see is signed it but Micah T and Daniel K!  Eeep.  Both are senior men who don't normally skate at Gilbert, but apparently there was not a good session for them to skate in Scottsdale.  So... I expected to be distracted and I was! 

I scribed some circles and warmed up with forward edges and then it was time to start my lesson (which was interrupted several times by Daniel zipping through at warp 6!  but hey, he's got Nationals next week so cut him some slack~!).

Today's lesson:

  • Back edges -- BO were pretty good.  BI not bad -- we spent some time working on the first push.  I REALLY need to bend my knees more to avoid the wide step.
  • FO8 -- we spent some time working to try to make the first circle a better size.  Eeep.  I really need to lean in to that edge a bit more at the very start.
  • FI8 -- pretty nice!
  • waltz-8 -- actually a little progress on these.  My 3s didn't look great print-wise but I had a better exit edge and they felt more secure.  The L side was much improved, the R side not as much.
After my lesson I worked a bit more on waltz-8 and also some BO8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home