Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 15, 2018

Perseverance

I skated the 3:45 FS at Chandler for practice.  Since I had the day off I got to sleep in AND skate, yay!  Best yet, there was an ice cut right before!  Just 7 skaters and 3 coaches.

I ran through Bronze Moves.  They went pretty well -- I feel like I am getting smoother and more speed, especially on the BXOs to BO edges.  Still not happy with power-3s though.  The circle-8 was great!  I attribute that to the ice cut.

After warming up I warmed up some jumps and my bunny hop, then ran my dramatic program.  The good news was I finished on time.... the bad news, I skipped the bunny hop and forgot the side toe hop.... and the spins were pretty bad.  Urph.

After that I worked on chunks of the free skate to try to get them smoother. Eeep.  I only have like 4 lessons left and there's so much to do!  Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home