Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Program Practice

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  Due to illness and other issues I'd not skated free style in a week and a half; and this lesson was moved due to scheduling issues this week.

I warmed up with stroking and perimeter crossovers, then a couple of jumps.

For today's lesson, we spent some time on jumps first -- waltz, salchow, toe loop, waltz-toe.  The waltz-toe combo was pretty rough but did improve.  Next we reviewed the footwork section -- mohawk sequence, turn sequence and spiral.

After that we ran the program with music -- I had just gotten a final cut last night. It sounds good.  The runthrough went surprisingly well -- I did pretty much everything in the program, and though it was pretty rough I only finished a few seconds late, which considering where I'm at with this is not bad at all.

After that we worked on the little footwork section after the first spin as I was confused.  Made some progress.

All in all not bad, all things considered.  Lots of work to do in the next couple of weeks though!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home