Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, February 09, 2018

Program Review

I skated the 8:15 FS at Gilbert for my lesson with Holly.  I warmed up with perimeter XOs and stroking.

Today's lesson:

  • jumps -- we warmed up waltz jump, toe loop, salchow and waltz-toe combo.  Salchow was being a bit wonky, and the waltz-toe is a hot mess.
  • program runthroughs -- we ran the free skate 3 times.  The good news is that I am at least doing all the elements.  The bad news is my footwork sections are kinda wonky right now, both of them.   I think I mostly just need more time on them.  It's not going to look particularly polished for MidWinter, but then I expected that.
I had final costume fitting last night.  It looks really terrific!  I'm really happy with it.  It just needs some stoning and it will be done, I will pick it up Sunday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home