Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 08, 2018

Waltz-8 & BO8

I skated the Chandler Ice CafĂ© for my figures lesson with Lynne today, as usual.  Nice ice and it was all to myself for the first 30 min or so!

I warmed up with edges, FO8 and FI8, and scribed circles. I was definitely a bit rusty from having been off last week but things came together.

Today's lesson:
  • waltz-8 -- about 25 minutes on these, still trying to fix the step forward.  I seem to have a hard time remembering all the different things I need to fix at the same time... in particular today I was having a hard time stepping close to the circle, then, when I improved that a bit, I was leaning out of the circle on the FO edge which made it hard to return to center. Yuck.  Someday I will get these, but today was not that day.
  • BO8 -- just 5 minutes on these. Considering how rusty I was they were not that bad, actually. My first RBO was a little small (cut into the circle on the return) but I made it around.
I need more practice time!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home