Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Program Review

My lesson with Holly on the 9:15 FS at Gilbert.  I did a 5 minute warmup, then ran my dramatic program -- it was mostly okay.  Then I worked on chunks of the free skate.  Nice ice today and just 2 skaters!  I wore my new free skate costume.  It seems to be fine, and it looks great.

For our lesson we ran the free skate, it was mostly okay.  Rough, but all the elements are there.  Then we worked a bit on the waltz-toe combo and ran through some of the footwork stuff, then ran it again.  Then we worked on the waltz-toe more.  The key seems to be to not rush, and just to take some time after the waltz jump to set up the toe loop.  I did a really nice one, actually.

Finally we ran it one more time, which was pretty okay; and then a couple of small corrections on the salchow.

All in all I'm feeling okay about the free skate.  It doesn't look polished, but I will have some more time with it before sectionals so I guess that will be okay.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home