Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 01, 2018

Preliminary Test & BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Cafe.  Life has really been interfering with my skating lately, but fortunately I made it to this session and lesson.

I was running a bit late, so I had just scribed circles and done edges when it was time to start.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- a random layout.  I was not very warmed up, but this was surprisingly good.
  • FI8 -- another random layout.  Again, pretty good, although my return to center on the RFI was a little shallow.
  • waltz-8 -- These were actually not bad, comparatively.  I'm still struggling on the return to center (step forward), of course.  It seems like I have a hard time remembering and incorporating all the corrections I have, at the same time.  Like... count!  Do a good 3!  Bend the knee on the BO edge! and so forth.  The more I remember, though, the better they are.  Ugh.
  • BI8 -- for the last 4 minutes.  The first ones were pretty bad, but after that it was much better.  Still having a hard time on the first circle though; my push is a bit weak.
After my lesson I worked some more on waltz-8 and also a bit of time on BO8.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home