Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, February 23, 2018

Salchow & Spins

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with stroking and crossovers, then did some waltz jumps, spins and salchows.

Today's lesson:

  • salchow -- after my issues with this jump at the competition, we spent some time on them.  They were still pretty wonky but I eventually managed a good one.  Holly said I really should just try two of them in the warmup -- if it's still not working just move on.
  • spins -- working on improving the entry and the actual spin.  I did a better job of keeping my head and arms up, but they are still overall quite stinky.
We didn't run my programs today, but we will next week. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home