Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Preliminary Test; BO8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Café as usual.

I warmed up with edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:
  • FO8 -- random layout.  A little rough on the last circle each side - poor upper body control.
  • FI8 -- a random layout.  Pretty good, really.
  • waltz-8 -- still working this.  The L side was actually much better! R side was a little better but still rough.
  • BO8 -- just a little time on these.  I love doing these!  We worked on not being in "landing position" on the R side (I don't have this issue on the L side).  I realized the reason the free leg wants to go back is that the R shoulder is not staying back, so the L leg is going back to balance the forward R shoulder.  So I worked on a) holding the free leg in front longer and b) really holding that R shoulder back. Some progress on this.
After my lesson I worked a bit on BI8, hadn't touched them in a long time.  It was fun.

Lynne told me a couple of weeks ago that she and her family will be moving to Boston.   She'll be here until after Cactus as she is on the tech panel and has skaters competing.

I'm really bummed!  We've been working together for about 8 years... a really long time.  We've accomplished a lot (even though the waltz-8 is a stinker!) - competitions and just really a lot of improvement from when I started.  A few lessons left with her and then I'll be looking for a new figures coach.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home