Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, March 10, 2018

2018 PCAS Showcase Practice Ice

I had practice ice at 6 p.m. for my showcase program at the 2018 PCAS.

As I had for the free skate the day before, I had only bought the 15 minute "warmup" and not the 30 minute practice ice.  As I had experienced yesterday, this was actually plenty of time for me.

After some laps of warmup, I warmed up my waltz jump, then spent just a moment warming up the dreaded :-) bunny hop.  Then I ran the bunny hop -> lunge -> toe loop sequence, and it was fine.  Next I ran the mohawk footwork, then I basically ran the whole program.  Next I worked some more on the bunny hop sequence, then ran the whole program again, then ran the mohawk sequence again and that was pretty much it for time.  I felt pretty good, pretty prepared.  Yay!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home