Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 09, 2018

2018 PCAS Free Skate Practice Ice

I had the 15 minute "warmup ice" practice ice for PCAS today, at 2:20 (for a 5:40 p.m. free skate).

I had chosen the 15 minute ice vs. 30 because I thought it would be overkill to do 30 minutes, and I was right.  Really, I felt like between having done MidWinter only 3 weeks ago, and the work I'd done on Wednesday, that all I really needed to do was warm up my elements and a couple of trouble spots.

So, I got on the ice for my practice.  I did a couple of laps, then did a waltz jump.  After that I practiced the BXOs into the toe loop, and that was pretty good.  From there I warmed up the salchow, and it was okay.  Not great, but landed.  Next I worked on the footwork sequence, and then into the spiral -> waltz-toe combo.

I finished all that and still had about 6 minutes left, so I worked through some other stuff including a spin, and then the footwork again, another salchow, another waltz-toe and some other small pieces.  With that I felt I'd done everything I needed to and went to get off just as they called us to get off anyway.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home