Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Saturday, March 10, 2018

2018 PCAS Showcase Dramatic Program

I skated my "Years" showcase dramatic program tonight at the 2018 PCAS.

After watching lots of good skating, I got into my skates (I was already in my costume from my practice ice) and checked in with the ice monitor.  There were 5 people in my group (I was the only man).  Finally they called us all out for warmup.

Just like in my practice ice earlier, I did some laps, warmed up my waltz jump, ran the bunny hop sequence, and worked some other key areas.  I didn't feel rushed at all.  I've done this program 4 times now and I feel pretty comfortable with it.   Finally warmup was over and they called us off.

I was the last in the group to skate, so I spent my time trying to focus on my program and visualizing doing it perfectly.  At last it was my turn to skate!

I went out and took my position, the music started, and off I went.  The first part of the program was good, and my spin was decent (for me).  I went into the "beauty pass" past the judges and made eye contact with each one of them in turn :-), then into the mohawk sequence and past that with the side toe hop and on into the waltz jump.  All was good.  The bunny hop sequence was great!  And I landed the toe loop on one foot :-)  Yay!

Finished up with a pretty good spin and into my final pose, pretty much on time.  Yay!  Took my bows and went off a happy man.

In the end I got 4th (of 5!), so not last... AND a 3rd place ordinal!  YAY!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home