Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Perseverance

I skated the 5:30 p.m. FS at Chandler as usual... but I was only able to stay for 30 minutes due to an appointment.

I warmed up with stroking, then ran through the "odd" Bronze moves (perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges, and 5-step mohawk).  A little rusty all around.  Then I worked on spins... I actually was able to maintain the progress I made in my lesson last week, though it was inconsistent.  I did them from a standing start.

The two things that seemed to help were 1) remembering to realllllly bend the skating knee going in, and 2) working to hold the entry edge for a 3-count before hooking the spin.  I still had plenty that went awry, but I had a couple that were 2-2.5 revs, which is progress. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home