Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Preliminary Test, BI8

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©, as usual.  Ice was a little beat up... just 2 skaters tho!

I scribed circles and did forward edges for warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • B edges -- initial push on BO was weak, and so was BI.  The subsequent edges were pretty nice though.
  • FO8 -- A random layout; pretty good, really.  When I was done I thought I'd done FI8 because they felt like that!  That's a good thing.
  • FI8 -- random layout.  Good stuff.
  • waltz-8 -- first set was a little rough but after that, somewhat better.  Step forward still weak but I think it's improved from a month ago.  I'm usually remembering to bend my knee on the BO edge and the turns are mostly okay.  Still need to watch out not cutting inside the circle on the RBO.
  • BI8 -- after an initial bad start, the RBI was actually really good!  Like, made it all the way around several times, with good control!  Alas the LBI, which is usually better, was a bit lacking the first couple of times, though the last time was improved.  Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home