Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, March 23, 2018

Spins

My lesson with Holly on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.

I warmed up with Bronze Moves.

We spent some time recapping my skate at PCAS and how that went, and discussing some other future business.

The bulk of our lesson was working on spins.  Holly had me work first on being able to skate on the L foot and move the free leg from behind, to the side (turned out) to in front of the skating leg.  From there we worked on spins from a standing start, working on getting me to bring the edge around.  We had special emphasis on bring the L arm around and keeping the R arm up (I tend to leave it down at my side).  We did make some progress, and the last attempt was a definite improvement.  I'll have to work on this more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home