Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, April 06, 2018

Spins

My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert 8:15 FS.  Kinda crappy ice, 5 skaters and 3 coaches.

I warmed up with perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges and 5-step mohawk.  I felt like I had not skated in forever!

Today's lesson was just spins.  We worked on them from the line (standing start), trying to build on the success I had in lesson a couple of weeks ago and in practice.  It was about the same, though -- first few were good and then not so good (though they did improve later). Still working on keeping the right side up and letting the edge come around.  We made some progress on that but then had issues with me not bringing the free leg in.  At one point we tried doing 2-foot spins and though I had not done them in a while they were pretty good. From there, picking the R foot up.  Eeep. This doesn't work for me :-(.

Holly says I need to commit to working through this and just practicing a lot.. she's right.  I tend to do a few and then I want to move on but that's not going to get me there.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home