Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 05, 2018

Preliminary Test & 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice Café as usual.

I was running late so I scribed circles and did F edges as warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • BO edges - nice!
  • BI edges - not bad.  Wasn't happy with the first push so we spent a few minutes working them. I actually did several that were really good!  Not widestepped, only a small BO edge at start and almost perpendicular.  The trick seemed to be to not rush, slow down the takeoff, and really just put the R foot down in the right position and push from there.
  • FO8 - random layout.  The first circle on each side was really, really nice (though again the RFO was a bit large). Subsequent circles were pretty good too.
  • FI8 -- good.
  • waltz-8 -- still issues with the step forward, but generally better.  Flow is better, and I think it looks more controlled.  Turns a bit inconsistent though.  We did 2 or 3 sets.
  • 3s to center -- mmph.  The turns were (eventually) better but still not getting control after the 3. I feel like I'm checking okay but then can't hold the free side back so it comes around and then I lose my circle. Urph.
Only 2 lessons left with Lynne :-(.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home