Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Perseverance

I skated the 5:30 p.m. FS at Chandler as usual for practice.

I spent the first 25 minutes or so working on Bronze moves (though I skipped the power-3s).  After that I did a couple of jumps, then worked on spins.

The first few spins were not bad -- a couple were 3 revs.  After that I seemed to have a harder time making myself wait before hooking the spin, and quality went down.  I really need to find a way to conquer/compensate for my anxiety or whatever that makes me rush.

I finished off with a couple of salchows that were not so great.  Grrr.

My schedule for the next week or so is pretty crazy so not as much skating as I would like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home