Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Waltz-8 and Serpentines

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ© as usual.  I got on the ice a little earlier than usual, so I had time to scribe circles, do edges, FO8 and FI8.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz-8 -- still working the same issues.  We did two sets on the scribed circles, then worked on the tracings from my FO8.  I noticed that when I do bad or early 3s in this figure that it really throws me off for the rest of that circle, so we worked on improving them.  All the other usual corrections still applied.
  • serpentines -- still working to improve the FOI change of edge.  I did make some progress on getting the COE to be at the axis and not early, though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home