Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Final Lesson

I had my last figures lesson with Lynne today, on the Chandler Ice CafĂ© as usual.  I got there slightly early so I had time to warm up with edges, scribe circles, and do FO8, FI8, and one circle each of waltz-8.

Today's lesson was a potpourri of all the stuff we've learned:

  • waltz-8 -- of course.  About the same, though I did better on tracing the circle on the RBO.
  • BO8 -- surprisingly good!  Came in a little short on the first circle but other than that it was not bad.  I really enjoy doing these, so I should def. practice them more.
  • BI8 -- all in all not bad.  I deliberately made my RBI circle smaller so I could get around :-) as that push is still kinda weak.
  • 3s to center -- most of these 3s are still very forced or skidded.  I often don't come "down" quickly enough after the turn, so even if I have a nice entrance, instead of a nice "shoulder" on the exit from the turn it just goes straight as I skid on the toe :-(.  Lots to do here.
  • serpentines -- better than I expected.  COE is still a bit rough, both FOI and FIO.
It was nice to have some time to go through things and see the progress that I've made, and where I still need (lots of ) work.  I'm very sad that Lynne is leaving -- despite my frustrations with the waltz-8, we have, really, made a lot of progress.  My FO8 and FI8 are really solid, and my BO8/BI8 are pretty good, really.  The other stuff is further out.  I know that Lynne will really enjoy her new home and be very successful. I will treasure memories of our time together and look forward to the future!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home