Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Perseverance

I skated the 5:30 p.m. FS at Chandler for practice as usual.

It took me a while to get warmed up... I have not been skating a lot.  I ran through the "odd" Bronze moves, then spent a little more time working 5-step mohawk on a circle.  I need to do this more to get off my toe on the BO edge.

After that I spent 10 or 15 minutes working spins, both the spin exercise Holly gave me and just trying them from a standing start.  Not feeling like a lot of progress.  Oh well.

I spent the last 10 minutes or so working on jumps.  A really nice waltz jump (landing was on a nice solid edge, and jump came straight off the toepick), then some salchows.  First few were not so great but they did improve (though the landings were wonky).  Finally some toe loops that were all cheated, though the last one less so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home