Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, May 31, 2018

3s & Waltz-8

I skated the Chandler Ice Café (last time for a while, no Ice Café for June or July) for my figures lesson with Danette.  I scribed circles and warmed up with edges.  I reminded myself to start doing 5 lobes per edge, not 4.  Eeep.

Today's lesson:

  • FO edges -- I had forgotten to do these at 5 lobes so Danette suggested I do them now.  It's okay, just need to be more cognizant of where I am.  Danette said I was leaning forward a bit also.
  • 3s -- I asked to work on 3s since they are not so great.  We spent some time on them both on the wall and on the ice, working to get that quick tempo so they don't skid or scrape.  
  • waltz-8 -- about 15 minutes on this. Some specific feedback (e.g. look over the shoulder on the 1st part of the BO edge, like actually look, which I'm not used to doing) that was helpful.  I have been working on this for so long (literally almost a decade) that it's hard for me to focus on fixing one thing because I get an overwhelming sense of despair that I'm never going to get all of this stuff fixed.  I fix one thing and then I forget something else that I had previously fixed.  Gaaah.  New coach, so maybe new me?  I'm trying to stay positive.
After my lesson I had about 15 minutes to work on waltz-8, some 3s and also some time on the BO edge position exercise that Danette gave me at our first lesson.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home