Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Perseverance

I skated the 5:15 (changed from 5:30) p.m. FS at Chandler as usual.  Presumably because it's summer, there were only 5 of us on the session, which was nice.

I spent the first 20 - 25 minutes working on the Bronze Moves (I skipped power-3s though).  I'm pleased to say that the RFO side of the circle-8 is improving, and that while I'm still coming up a little short on the circle, it's only 3-4 feet and not the 8 feet or more it was before.  So that's progress.  I still feel there's a lot I need to improve in the way of flow on these, though - in order to pass the test I think I need to look a lot more confident and have more speed than I do now, although I've definitely improved.  And of course the power-3s will need to look a lot better.

From there I worked on spins some more, both the exercise and then from windup.  I got one kinda nice one from the windup, but most were kinda stinky.  Still I feel like I am getting a better feel for things and I now feel like I know where it should be and how it should feel.

I finished up with some jumps.  A bunch of salchows (only one at was really nice, alas) and a few toe loops for good measure.  Eeep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home