Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Perseverance

I skated the 5:15 p.m. FS at Chandler, as usual.  Not as usual, there was a pairs team practicing! Eeep. Fortunately they were not doing runthroughs so it was pretty easy to keep out of their way.

I started bringing a practice notebook with me and I had written up a practice plan -- let's see if this continues :-).

I spent 25 minutes working on Bronze Moves.  For the first time in a while I ran the whole test without leaving anything out, even the dreaded power-3s.  The BXOs to BO edges were really good!  I still need more work on the BO edge on the 5-step.

After the runthrough I worked some more on circle-8. I'm still not getting around on the R foot, though it is better since the blade move.  I did an experiment, and saw how far I could go on 1 push (on a flat) on each foot.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it was about 12 feet (!) farther pushing from the R foot than the L.  I don't know if this is left over from when I was off the ice (seems likely) or what, but clearly that's what I need to fix.

After that about 10 minutes on spins. I worked on the forward spin exercise, and then for a few minutes also on the backspin exercise.  Then I did some from the windup and got a couple that were pretty good! I was stoked.

Last 10 minutes on jumps. I did a nice waltz jump, then fell on the next 3 I attempted.  Gaaah.  Not sure what was up with that.  From there I worked on salchows and they were pretty bad, and I almost fell on one of those too. Geez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home