Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, June 08, 2018

Spins & Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert, as usual.  I warmed up with Bronze Moves.

Today's lesson:

  • spins -- most of our time for today.  Worked on the exercise, then from the windup.  I'm having some difficulty remembering to bring my arms in and up, and to keep my head up. Bleah.  I did get a couple that were okay, though.
  • jumps -- one (nice) waltz jump for warmup, then a bunch of salchows.  I didn't really like any of them, as none were as nice as the one good one I had on Tuesday. Oh well.  I need to skate more!
All in all an okay lesson, considering I felt a bit cold and tired the whole time. Oh well.

This afternoon I took my skates to Kelly and he did the final mounting on the right blade now that I'm sure (for now, lol!) that it's where it should be. Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home