Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 21, 2018

3s & Waltz-8

My figures lesson with Danette on the adult freestyle at Chandler.  Only 3 adults and our (temporarily) resident pairs team.

I had a half hour to warm up (edges, FO8, FI8) and scribe circles.  I also spent some time on the back edge exercise Danette gave me.

Today's lesson:
  • pushing -- I mentioned to Danette my issues I found with my L foot push on Tuesday, so we experimented  a bit.  I see a similar difference in patch skates, but it's not as pronounced, probably due to the superior flow of these blades.  Hmm.  I need to fix this in the gym I think.
  • 3s -- we used my scribed circles to work on 3s for a while.  They did improve somewhat but no "ah-ha" moments.  I just really need to push into the edge, and then commit to making a quick turn.  I did fall on an RFO3, the usual slo-mo fall. lol!
  • waltz-8 -- back to these for the first time in a while.  Actually they are mostly not bad except that the step forward is lacking.  I'm tracking the circle much better than I used to.  Still need to stand up straighter, and turn my freakin' head.  Much to do.
The Sherwood announcement is out now.  I need to decide what I'm going to do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home