Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Preliminary Test

My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult FS.  So-so ice but only 3 skaters.  I warmed up with edges and FO8/FI8, then scribed circles and worked on 3s.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- just a couple of runthroughs and then we checked my circles with the scribe.  They were pretty good on the left foot, but on the right side I didn't quite fill out the circle.  Good tracings and reasonably good pushes though (lined up well).
  • FI8 -- again a couple of runthroughs.  Not bad although I had some issues for some reason where I was too far forward on my blade and we discussed how to (and how not to) go about fixing that if it happens.  Not bad.
  • waltz-8 -- just like 5 minutes on these.  Danette has me working to try to get a better rhythm on the BO edge so that I prep the step forward better.  Hmm.
No lesson this week.  Sherwood competition is coming up soon!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home