Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Perseverance

I skated the 5:15 p.m. FS at Chandler as usual.  Nice session, just 6 skaters and 3 coaches.

As usual  I spent about 30 minutes on moves -- I ran all the Bronze Moves, then spent some time working on the BO edge in the 5-step mohawk; I was able to make it smoother when doing the 5-step around a hockey circle, not sure that will "stick" though.  Next I worked on FXOs some more to remind myself that I can do good ones if I try :-).

Next I worked on spins for 10 minutes, mostly working on the spin exercise and spins from the windup.  I got a couple that were about 2 revs but no really good ones.  Then a little time on the backspin exercise.  Eeep.  This is not getting much easier and I'm only getting around like half a rev, I think.  Yuck.

Last 5 minutes on jumps; a couple of okay waltz jumps, some salchows (one good one; fell on landing another, rest were meh) and some toe loops (bleah).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home