Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

BO Edge, 5-Step, Spins, Jumps

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  Busy session (Cactus Classic starts tomorrow)!

I warmed up with perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges, 5-step mohawk and a couple of spins and jumps.

Today's lesson:

  • BO edges -- more work on these on the circle, trying to get me to sit back and stand up straight. Between Holly and Danette I'm spending a lot of time on these.  Since some of the feedback from my test (geez, it was 3 years ago!) was that I didn't look comfortable on my back edges, I really need to fix this.
  • 5-step mohawk -- we ran through these a couple of times. Still kind of rough which is vexing.
  • spins -- we worked the exercise, then did some from windup.  About the same. Still need to stand up straighter and not look down.
  • jumps -- a few waltz jumps - okay, but I need to check better as I don't feel I can hold that landing position well.  Salchows... one that was almost okay and a few that were not.  Toe loop -- still very much a toe waltz.  Ugh.
No lesson next week as I'm traveling.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home