Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

BO8/BI8

My figures lesson with Danette on the 11:45 adult FS at Chandler.  Humidity is way high this week (monsoon season) and the ice was foggy and very bumpy :-(.  Pretty crappy, really.  7 skaters and 3 coaches.

I warmed up with edges, FO8 and FI8 and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • competition -- we had a brief discussion about the upcoming competition and what figures I might compete.
  • BO8 -- some work on this to try to be more consistent on form, especially bringing free foot in front.  R side is not hard but L side is a real challenge. I think I was being sloppy (-er) there.
  • BI8 -- form is actually better on these but more of a challenge in other ways.  Ugh.
We will make up our minds on what figures to do after my next lesson (which isn't 'til 7/25).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home