Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 06, 2018

BO Edge & Spins

My lesson with Holly on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  Today was "80s Day" (I didn't get the memo!) and it was very fun to see everyone dressed up :-)

I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges and 5-step mohawk.  Then I spent some more time on 5-step around the circle.

Today's lesson:

  • BO edge -- I was complaining that when I do the 5-step I'm dragging my toepick on the BO edge.  I seem to recall I got called on this when I tested.  So we worked on just holding a BO edge around the circle.  I tend to pitch forward a bit and that's a large part of the problem, as far as I can tell.  So we worked on it around the circle and then also doing the 5-step around the circle.
  • spins -- just from the windup, just a few minutes.  I got one that was pretty nice, but in general I'm having trouble bringing my free leg in and bringing my arms in to my chest (they tend to go to low).  Urph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home